Prescription prepayment certificates (PPC) are available in England and they can save you money.
Prescription costs as of April 2013.
The current prescription charge is £8.05.
A three month PPC is £29.10. This saves you money if you need four or more items in three months.
A 12 month certificate is £104.00 and saves money if 15 or more items are needed in 12 months.
PPCs are available by 10 monthly direct debit instalment payments. The prescription prepayment certificates allow anyone to obtain all the prescriptions they need for £2 per week.
For more information surrounding prescription charges click here.
Should you need to take medicines on a regular basis, your doctor will give you a repeat prescription form. On the form you will find your name, your address, your computer number and the lists of medicines you take regularly. Only medicines on the form can be issued without seeing a doctor.
You can request a repeat prescription by:
Ordering online via Vision >>
- New users are required to register for online services. This system enables you to see a copy of the current repeat medication that has been authorised for you by the doctor and for which you have not yet used the quota of issues before the doctor needs to review your medication
- To register for online services please fill in the online form here in order to receive an electronic letter to your registered email address (Please ensure that you check your Inbox and Junk Mail Box regularly for the letter).
- Once you have received your letter simply follow the ‘How to Complete your Registration (Patient Guide)‘. Remember there is no need to register more than once, registering online will include access to online appointments.
- Patients are advised that in order to activate and access your Repeat Prescriptions online, proof of identification will need to be presented in person at your GP Practice.
- Should you experience any problems please refer to the ‘Frequently Asked Questions – For Patients‘ Guide, should you continue to encounter problems please contact your GP Practice who will be able to help you
1. Calling into the surgery and post your form into the prescription box located at the reception window. Please tick only the medicines that are needed.
2. Sending your form by post with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. The prescription will be posted to you within 48 hours.
3. Calling the surgery directly on 0161 724 6938 with the details of the required medication.
Please allow 24 hours for repeat prescriptions to be processed and signed before collecting. It helps if you order your prescription a week before you run out of medication. If you phone before 11.00am you will be able to collect your prescription at 17.00 on the same day.
Spring Lane Surgery is now linked by electronic prescribing to local participating pharmacies. Please discuss with your local pharmacy how to sign up for this.
If you meet certain criteria, you can get free NHS prescriptions. For more information surrounding prescription charges click here.